We are a community, player-versus-enemy (PVE) survival server.
To keep the server from getting too bogged down, we’re going to attempt a few methods of keeping our constructs and such server-friendly, and keeping the surface of the world relatively nice to look at.
Running MC 1.10.2, and a link to the compressed mods and config files are in the same directory as these rules, zipped. We also use Discord, primarily when in game. A link to our Discord group is here: https://discord.gg/crdyZSM This server is whitelist protected, contact Baphnedia about being added to the whitelist.
Treat one another nicely.
Know what materials/areas are for community use, and what is private.
The first base will be built around the server spawn point, near 0,0.
- To each chunk a purpose. To keep the server happy, we will try to spread out near the surface of the world. In late game, multiple chunks may be set aside for individual mods. Bases will be built in Overworld, Nether and The End; although the latter two probably will not be near 0,0.
- Each player may have a private space and private storage for their items. In the beginning, it’ll be a few blocks in a corner with a bed and chest, after we’ve walled in and lit a dense residential area, we’ll each claim one chunk next to one another. After we secure a large residential area, then we’ll go for 3x3 chunks per person, perhaps more.
- Layout of the base:
- From the spawnpoint (0,0 in Overworld), the four chunks right around us will be the initial base. This base will later function as our new player area and such.
- Northwest of 0,0 is residential land. Private rooms/cabins/homes etc. It will need walls and light.
- From the spawnpoint to the Northeast is public lands for ore processing, farming, power, production, etc. Chunkloaders will be built and placed to keep these facilities running.
- South of 0,0 is the land of exploitation. Logging, hunting, lots of mining (we can also mine beneath production areas too). Closed-pit mining (or enderquarries) are recommended, as we do not want to create holes to step in.
- A rail loop will be constructed around the base for rapid(ish) transport and messing around in Railcraft.
Using RedExploration, we can build massive monuments to pooltoys using other dimensions. Huge construction can lead to a high rate of timed-out connections. In this mod, each player may build up to 5 other dimensions.
Items stored in public areas are public use (you don’t need to ask). If you are wanting to hold on to items, then store them in your residence and ensure your claimed chunks are set to private. :)
If you are idle for more than 30 minutes, the server will kick you off (until you log back in again).
Survivor Difficulty: Hard.
View Distance is set to 6 chunks; to give the server a breather!
Lifetime of this server should be more than one year! It is based on interest, and other things. This time around, most modders have moved away from 1.10.2, and this gives us a relative amount of stability.
Public Ender Storage Colors:
White/White/White: Item sharing between players
Blue/Blue/Blue: AE system input
Red/Red/Red: AE system filtered output
Grey/Grey/Grey: Cobblestone supply